RETAIL STORE MANAGER
Storehouse no.9 is seeking a qualified professional to lead its retail operations in Franklin, TN. The company opened its doors in early 2019 and has quickly become a local destination for high-end furnishings, decorative items, and gifts.
- Three (3) years of retail sales experience in furniture/home interiors
- Located in close proximity to our retail store on 4th Avenue N in Franklin.
- Excellent with communication and interacts in a friendly, cheerful manner. Extremely personable and approachable.
- Demonstrates initiative and jumps into new tasks daily, a self-starter. Works independently without need for constant supervision.
- Computer literate; familiar with Point of Sale (POS) systems – we use Shopify
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude, both in-person and over the phone
- Detail orientated and accurate in all tasks
- Comfortable standing for long periods of time
- Can lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work full time Monday-Friday, with occasional Saturdays and some evenings for special events
- Ability to organize and assist in implementing improved operational processes
- Uses honesty and integrity in all matters
- Open and close store daily
- Promptly greet customers as they enter the store
- Manage other retail associates
- Become an expert on product lines and offerings to assist customers with questions, needs and purchases
- Recommend selections and help customers locate merchandise
- Able to assist, place and follow-up on all custom orders with vendors and customers
- Cross-sell and encourage beneficial product add-ons
- Operate and update the POS system, receive/process/balance cash, checks and credit card payments
- Complete each transaction in a quick and efficient manner
- Merchandise and restock shelves and store displays
- Receive shipments, unpack, check for damages, file any claims, and enter product into POS
- Recommend merchandise orders and reorders to management
- Handle any customer complaints in a calm and professional manner to satisfaction
- Report anything unusual or any major incidents to management
- Maintain an orderly and pleasing appearance throughout the sales floor, including daily cleaning
- Help create a positive environment in which to shop and buy
- Take direction from and report to the owner
- Work as a team to achieve sales goals
- Perform any other task(s) assigned as needed
Please submit your resume/bio to email@example.com and attach at least 3 professional references. References will not be called until after an interview.